- Lead a team of technical managers, architects and developers in building an E2E VNF onboarding framework to automate onboarding of virtual functions into a Verizon's private cloud
- Lead, develop and deploy an app store of network functions
- Provide ability to VNF partners to upload, test, deploy and catalog network functions
- Develop robust CI/CD capabilities for new releases
- Build an automated testing framework to perform VNF package validate, image analysis & functional testing of the VNF
- Develop, deploy and catalog Orchestrator compatible VNFs and provide tools to enable various teams to service, resource and network orchestrate
- Work with architects, planners and industry SMEs to drive standardization of VNF onboarding specifications for orchestration (Service, Resource and Network)
- Deploy & scale Orchestration solution for the Enterprise. Design and deliver Service orchestration & Network Orchestration capabilities to rapidly onboard new VNFs and create a catalog of VNFs. E2E execution ownership to deploy & scale Orchestrated E2E Solutions for customers to drive top line revenue for ex. VNS, SDP, SDWAN solutions and infrastructure VNFs
- Provide API integration layer for Orchestration for internal and external customers enabling new business models
- Build and deliver operation tools that allow VNF/service operators to self-serve operation functions of virtualized elements, Develop and implement a highly automated operations model for day2day operations of services/network function virtualized and running on the cloud w/ close partnership with the operations team
- Train/Refresh high potential talent towards new future looking opportunities such as SDN/NFV, Cloud, Devops, etc. Drive change & design thinking ability from a hardware dominant service model to a software centric methodology. Evangelize, inspire and drive change with teams internal and external to adopt a software driven next gen network. Be the ‘go to’ person for partner groups to drive change and building software centric network solutions. Drive a culture of innovation by fostering new ideas/capabilities/business models with internal and external partnerships
- Drive standards, industry adoption and future innovation of Software centric network service. Develop and set standards for VNF onboarding and drive adoptions of those standards with VNF and Orchestrator Vendors. Publish standards and drive adoption with standards bodies such as TM Forum, ETSI etc. Drive design and solutions to enable ‘Orchestration as a Service’ capabilities for other Telco/service providers. Standardize and publish Verizon APIs for Cloud/Service/Network Orchestration
- Integrate with SDN Controllers and Ems to develop and deploy E2E networks solutions for infrastructure and Enterprise customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Software development.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Network or associated field.
- Twelve or more years of experience in Software development using Cloud technologies (AWS, Open Stack, VMWARE etc.)
- Advancedknowledge of cloud orchestration – onboarding, assurance etc.
- Programming knowledge ofPython, Java scripts, SOAP, Ruby, PHP, knowledge of managing Web/App server configuration/management/ Support in openstack/cloud environment for ex. Jboss/Weblogic etc.
- Advance experience inOpenStack CLI commands and administration.
- Advance hands on experience in Linux/Unix scripting especially for TCP/IP stack, Firewalls (iptables), DNS, VPNs etc.
- Basic API development based on JSON, XML.
- Experience with server provisioning using cloud-init and cloud config.
- Experience with TOSCA and YAML based file formats, HEAT Template and OVF based VNF descriptors.
- Knowledge of Wireless, Wireline and enterprise network elements and network topology.
- Knowledge in networking design and deployment of technologies physical and/or virtual
- 3G/4G LTE, IMS, EPC, CORE/Edge, CSCF and NetAct platforms, NSN 3GPP AAA, 3GPP HSS, Tekelec PCRF, ALU IeCCF. 4G/LTE and VoLTE call flow knowledge is highly desirable
- Enterprise PIP, SDWAN, Security, Controllers
- OSPF, BGP, ISIS, MPLS, IPv4, IPv6, VxLAN, sflow, eVPN, OVS, OpenFLow, ONIE/POAP DNS, Service Chaining, firewalls, local/global load balancers and application.
- Experience with virtual environments orchestrated by Openstack.
- Experience with SDN controllers and orchestration.
- Experience supporting commercial, 24x7, customer-facing and revenue generating systems.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Understanding of Capital and Expense budget management.
- Solid demonstrated technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Detail understanding of ETSI MANO framework and various IFA specifications.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6606182-software-engineering-associate-director
• Post ID: 49013213 northdfw