Verizon is investing in its network to improve the way we live, work, and communicate. Our network transformation will be critical for all our future connectivity businesses including new products such as IoT,5G, and future smart cities. As part of this network transformation, you will help build one network engineered for growth for all lines of business.
The High Level Design Team will take corporate architecture guidelines, will review existing Verizon Network infrastructure, current business drivers, as well as future market growth opportunities to develop high level, market specific, designs for new transport front haul and backhaul networks. The team will also provide high level Optical Distribution Network (ODN) designs that will support Verizon’s access to cusotmers, long distance traffic, and back-haul requirements for wireless cell sites and hubs. The high level designs will include recommendations regarding the type /size of transport and aggregation equipment required to support each sites. A critical aspect of this team is to ensure that high level designs provide a consistent design approach across all market areas.
After the initial high level designs have been issued for the market, the team will continue to work closely with Regional Engineering and the Capacity Managers to make adjustments to the design as site specific challenges present during the detailed design and implementation phases of the project. The HLD team will serve as a liaison between Regional Engineering/ Capacity Management and the PMO, Network Planning and the Standards teams.
The High Level Design Engineer must have a good understanding of the long-term vision of Verizon’s transport and Optical Distribution networks to effectively design for the future. This resulting network will support both customer driven and Verizon internal requirements, including Private IP, Public IP, Video, VoIP and Wireless traffic. As high level designs are developed, considerations such as space-constrained and/or power-constrained locations, available fiber, diversity, reliability and cost effectiveness, must be cared for.
- Bachelor's Degree or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the following technologies: ROADM, MESH, SONET/SDH, ULH, ODN.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Familiarity with Ciena, Alcatel-Lucent, Siemens or Fujitsu SONET/DWDM/MESH products.
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge in job related functional area and of the telecommunications business.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of engineering principles within IOF Transport and OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Prior experience with Optical Distribution Network Design and exposure to Corning and CommScope Indexed Fiber gear is a plus.
- Familiarity with Verizon systems like ICON, CCP, BGW, MECCA, XNG, TCOMS,GRIP,FIMS and nSAP is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook) and GIS applications
- Demonstrate ability to work with others, be flexible as priorities change, and be extremely sensitive to deadlines and customer needs.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking
- Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and resolve urgent/complex issues.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6504083-transport-network-design-engineer