Verizon is investing in its network to improve the way we live, work, and communicate. Our network transformation will be critical for all our future connectivity businesses including new products such as IoT, 5G, and future smart cities. As part of this network transformation, you will help build one network engineered for growth for all lines of business.
The Capacity Management (CM) team takes high-level architecture guidelines from the Planning organization, as well as standard deployment guidelines for the transport electronics, and develops market-level deployment plans for the transport network. These deployment plans incorporate requirements that will support Verizon access enterprise customers, long distance traffic, and back-haul for wireless cell sites and hubs. After initial transport networks are deployed in various markets, the CM team will be responsible for designing and initiating additional electronic deployments to continue to expand the footprint in these markets and to maintain healthy backbone capacity. The Capacity Manager will be responsible for determining where electronics are needed and for identifying what type of transport box is appropriate (small, medium, large). As part of developing these market-level plans, the CM must work closely with the Planning organization, the Inside Plant engineering organization, the Outside Plant engineering organization, the Power/Space/Cooling organization, and Operations. Additionally, these market plans will be the basis for developing multi-year annual capital budget plans, and must be detailed enough to justify the capital requests.
After developing market-level plans, the Capacity Manager creates individual capital funding requests (AFEs - Authorization for Expenditure) and issues Engineering Capacity Creation Requests (CCRs) to initiate US domestic network transport builds. Initially, these projects will deploy new transport technology in major sales cities, but eventually, the new technology will tie into existing ultra-long-haul electronics, for a seamless Access and LD network. The CM must have a good understanding of the short-term, medium-term, and long-term vision of the transport network, to effectively design for the future. This transport network will support customer driven and Verizon internal transport requirements, including Private IP, Public IP, Video, VoIP and Wireless traffic. As network plans are developed, considerations such as space-constrained and/or power-constrained locations, available fiber, diversity, reliability and cost effectiveness, must be cared for.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Four or more year of elated experience.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Six or more years of related experience
- Familiaritywith Ciena, Alcatel-Lucent, Siemens or Fujitsu SONET/DWDM/MESH products.
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge in job related functional area and of the telecommunications business.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite(Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, be flexible as priorities change, and be extremely sensitive to deadlines and customer needs.
- Knowledge of the following technologies required: ROADM, MESH, SONET/SDH, ULH.
- Familiarity with Verizon systems like ICON, CCP, BGW, MECCA, XNG, TCOMS and nSAP is a plus.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in functional area and of telecommunications networks and technologies.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6683841-transport-network-capacity-planner
• Post ID: 49644058 northdfw