Journeyman Level Tile Setters For Corsicana TX (3 applicants needed) - CLP Resources (Coppell, TX)
We are currently hiring experience Journeyman Level Tile Setters for the Corsicana, TX area.
Experienced personnel must have a minimum of 4 years of knowledge and know how to communicate effectively, apply hard tile, marble, ceramic and wood tile to walls, floors, ceilings, and decks.
Tile setters will need to know how to measure (to the 1/8\") and cut materials accordingly for rounded edges, sharp edges, etc. Candidates must have extensive knowledge working on commercial job sites and own their own basic tools for the trade including a WET SAW.
JOB DUTIES AND TASK:
• Cut and shape tile to fit around obstacles and into odd spaces and corners, using hand and power cutting tools.
• Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges.
• Measure and mark surfaces to be tiled, following blueprints.
• Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
• Finish and dress the joints and wipe excess grout from between tiles, using damp sponge.
• Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite or install pre-cast terrazzo, granite or marble units.
• Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine.
• Mix, apply, and spread plaster, concrete, mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives to form a bed for the tiles, using brush, trowel and screed.
• Apply mortar to tile back, position the tile and press or tap with trowel handle to affix tile to base.
• Level concrete and allow to dry.
• Mix and apply mortar or cement to edges and ends of drain tiles to seal halves and joints.
• Remove and replace cracked or damaged tile.
• Install and anchor fixtures in designated positions, using hand tools.
&#8226; Apply a sealer to make grout stain- and water-resistant.
• Remove any old tile, grout and adhesive using chisels and scrapers and clean the surface carefully.
• Build under-beds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets.
• Lay out sheets of floor tile and cut backing to fit, using shears.
• Updated Resume
• 4 years experience
• Tools for the trade
• MUST HAVE OWN WET SAW
• 2 forms of ID
• Dependable transportation
• Able to pass E-Verify
• Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
• Post ID: 50271223 northdfw