FANS Purchasing Analyst – Supply Chain
Job Summary – The purchasing analyst is responsible for surveillance and improvement of the division’s procurement processes for food and related supplies. This includes entering and updating all product, recipe, menu and inventory related information in the foodservice software system. The position will assist in training and supporting Super Users and end users in the foodservice software applications. Other duties include preparing reports, improving contract compliance, monitoring GPO agreement compliance, communicating with the facility FANS staff on purchasing issues, sourcing products when primary items are unavailable, auditing invoice data for accuracy and other designated functions. Schedule will vary based on needs and may extend until 7pm.
Supervisor – Division Director for Food and Nutrition Services
Supervises – N/A
Key Interactions - Facility Directors of Food and Nutrition Services, Facility foodservice staff, Internal Control, Distributor Representatives
- Serves on the Division Core Team for Computrition development and support
- Maintains Item File in Computrition, runs monthly price update reports, monitors product and contract changes in supply distribution, updates in Computrition and communicates to facility staff
- Enters recipes, menus and other data as required to maintain division platform for Computrition.
- Pushes data from Computrition Division Platform to facilities for application
- Assists in training Super Users and end users, as needed in using software systems
- Runs reports in Computrition to analyze supply purchasing, inventory and usage trends to:
- Monitor foodservice contract compliance and present opportunities to facilities.
- Make recommendations for formulary changes as necessary to ensure maximum savings for contracts
- Assist facilities in maintaining appropriate food inventory through optimal purchasing practices
- Assists facility foodservice contacts on all product substitutions when backorders occur during the normal procurement process
- Assists internal control on price changes and resolving price discrepancies
- Performs foodservice purchasing cost analyses and foodservice invoice price audits
- Handles process for return/destruction of all expired/recalled CSC foodservice products
- Identifies and analyzes product trends by supplier and SKU
- Communicates facility purchasing issues and requests to HPG staff, as needed
Works with contracted suppliers to implement product and process improvements
Performs other duties as assigned
Practices and adheres to the “ Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely
- Judgment – Makes decisions based upon job knowledge and experience. Considers all impacted areas in decision process. Seeks advice where applicable. Judgment sensible and reliable
- Customer Orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal Skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC Skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office, Meditech, Business Objects, Computrition and purchasing vendor applications and others as required
- Policies and Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic Skills – able to perform mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- Associate degree in related field with applicable experience required
- Bachelors degree in Foodservice Management, Nutrition, Finance, Business Management, Healthcare Administration or similar preferred
- Experience in hospital foodservice required
- Knowledge of foodservice activities and duties, terminology and nomenclature required
- Serve Safe Certification or equivalent required
- Registered Dietitian with Florida state licensure preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents. Work is performed in an office or the CSC warehouse environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHA CATEGORY – The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
Parallon Supply Chain’s roots are in the hallways of some of America’s top-performing hospitals. Join our organization and our team as we strive to provide our customers with a top-quality operation. Parallon offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=07846-13544&lang=en
• Post ID: 59184648 northdfw