Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:11 AM
Established, Entrepreneurial, Empowered...Explore the Opportunities
NCH Corporation : Cost Accountant
NCH is established, yet growing and we are seeking a Cost Accountant to join the accounting team for North American Chemical (a division of NCH Corporation). The individual must be self:motivated, energetic, detail minded with excellent analytical skills and able to work effectively across the businesses and all its functions. Initial duties include: Monitoring, managing, reconciling and adjusting costs and the cost accounting system for assigned locations. This position supports the month end close process for assigned locations and works closely with our International (Canada) affiliate. We offer a diverse set of position responsibilities, a range of opportunities for career advancement, and a culture that recognizes results, yet embraces the importance of work/life balance. Join NCH Corporation as our Cost Accountant where our future begins with you
This position is in the division of NCH's North American Chemicals (NAC) group located in the Irving, Texas area. NAC (a Division of NCH Corporation) is a manufacturer and distributor of a broad line of value added chemicals for industrial and commercial use and includes businesses focused on water treatment, lubrication, maintenance and cleaning supplies.
- Review and analyze purchasing and invoice price variances
- Assist in maintaining standard costs
- Close production WIP jobs
- Reconciliation of perpetual to book inventory
- Audit, Intercompany account reconciliations
- Perform cost rollups and test sub ledgers weekly correcting all costing errors to ensure an error free rollup and test sub ledger for all OPM companies
- Monitor issue alert system daily to add routers to new BOMS and maintain existing data
- Prepare invoices for export shipments to Canada
- Maintain unmatched accounts payable reporting.
- Perform Branch production closing and other GL entries
- Ad:hoc reporting and requests as needed
- Capable of creating and updating accounting procedures
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with exposure to cost accounting in an ERP system with Oracle experience preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Data Analysis skills required; Knowledge/training in Tableau a plus
- Outstanding communication and close attention to detail required
- Must have strong ability to enjoy and thrive in a production oriented, deadline:focused and customer service environment
- Must be independent, possess critical thinking skills and have strong work ethic
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
• Location: North DFW
• Post ID: 56137563 northdfw