This position will play a key role in the continued development and maintenance of Verizon’s internally developed responsive framework, known as VZRF. In addition the candidate will be expected to be able to take a design flow (high fidelity wireframes) in Adobe Illustrator or Sketch format, or similar design software, and translate them into working prototypes.
- Perform regular code reviews on high-impact applications, including proper use and implementation of VZRF.
- Translate Illustrator & Sketch flows to Front-end code, using VZRF and any related front-end technologies to best support the desired User Experience as defined by the UX Designer and Business.
- Drive innovation and meet or exceed business requirements with respect to time, cost efficiency & business value. Run Proof Of Concepts, execute, and train other employees on latest technologies and best practices.
- Work with back-end developers in integrating front-end code into larger environments.
- Maintain our internal AWS server instance which hosts our prototype code and VZRF documentation site.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Your degree in in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Proven experience building and shipping professional enterprise software
- CSS Preprocessors (especially Sass)
- Use of source code management, especially GIT
- General Knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Basic understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
- Love of Node.js
- Familiarity with Gulp, Grunt, or similar task runner.
- Proven experience in using D3.js to implement custom and highly creative data visualizations.
- History of implementing WCAG 2.0 Level AA Accessibility guidelines.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6464952-ui-ux-developer