If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We’re looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Digital DOTCOM team to manage development/enhancements on systems that support the development activities on our digital channels. In this newly created role you will be the lead project manager working with multiple IT and business organizations to plan all the enhancements of the projects in a mostly Agile environment. You will work various teams such as development teams, data analytics, and data warehousing, to manage these projects. With these new projects, we’re able to give the business insights on what is happening within these digital channels in real time to help improve the company’s business.
- Define, plan, orchestrate and deliver a strategic initiative.
- Define and track project milestones while develop, maintain, & report on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Share lessons learned perceptions and best practices openly with the teams.
- Communicate clearly with vendor teams in multiple diverse locations, ensuring that strategic and tactical deliverables are understood.
- Conduct postmortems on capability delivery and ensure that the team learns from mistakes as well as victories.
- Build an environment of trust and open information.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BS/Masters in Engineering/Computer Science or related field.
- Four or more years of IT project management experience managing medium to large projects.
- Experience managing projects within an agile environment.
- Knowledge/Experience with JIRA.
- Knowledge/Experience with Clarity.
- PC literacy, including desktop applications competency (e.g., Microsoft Office, e-mail, etc.).
- Strong business knowledge and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of information systems concepts.
- Experience with reporting and analytics including Tableau.
- Experience with project management for digital projects.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6659310-technical-project-manager