POS (Point of Sale) is a very diverse group catering to the provisioning & maintenance related transactions of a large section of the VZW user base. It spans from our retail stores, to Indirect Verizon authorized sellers, to orders being placed by telesales reps, as well as large B2B Orders. We have evolved over the past few years, and have a fully functional & award winning POS Mobile Application that’s been used extensively by the Retail Reps.
Work with leads, architects, managers, and business partners to define system requirements and create resolution.
Analyze existing architectural design and ascertain changes that have to be done without adversely affecting scalability and performance.
Analyze Design, Develop, Test, Implement and Maintain software for POS Applications running on Mobile devices and Kiosks.
Develop exciting new features and enhancements to the applications.
Responsible for technical evaluation of products and produce efficient and high quality deliverables using latest technologies in a timely manner using agile development methodologies.
Be responsible for application configuration, database tuning, and other related activities to ensure systems implementations occurs in accordance with established SDLC and Change Control procedures.
Proactively communicate status reports and issues to manager.
Successfully completes all relevant technical and professional training programs in accordance with Performance Agreement goals and objectives.
Support deployment of the software and provide post launch support.
Test and debug code; assist with QA when required.
Keep up to date on emerging technologies relevant to Verizon Wireless’ business.
- A Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- 5+ Years of Experience in developing POS applications using Oracle Commerce Platform ( ATG & Endeca).
- 5+ years of experience with Java and J2EE technologies.
- 5+ years of experience with XML/HTTP and or Restful Web services.
- 5+ years of experience with Spring boot, AngularJS 2.0, JQuery, AJAX, JSON, HTML, Java script and CSS.
- 5+ years of experience with Struts, Spring and Hibernate.
- 5+ years of experience working with WebLogic Servers and Oracle DB.
- 5+ years of experience with JDBC and PL/SQL.
- 5+ years of experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Experience in evaluating and developing applications using open source technology stacks.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Knowledge of AWS.
- Experience with IOS development Platform & Swift.
- Experience with Microservices, RabbitMQ.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6681486-application-developer