If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are looking for a Senior Software Architect to join the Digital Sales Team. This position requires working with vendors, industry groups, and general research into the latest techniques of software development as the space is literally changing day-today. This job requires working with peers to ensure that knowledge gained using the platform, technologies and tools used for application development, software vendor evaluations and open source evaluations is leveraged on to evolve the application development to the next stage. The architect requires interaction with multiple parties including project management, the design/UX team, testers, PLM/customers, IT executives and other dev. teams. During software development, a spiral methodology must be used and SCRUM/RAD/Agile development methodology must be employed.
- Full lifecycle application development.
- Architect and design micro-service architecture based REST API based API for mobile / web application.
- Design the deployment architecture for micro-services to achieve the best performance, fault tolerance, redundancy and scalability.
- Evaluate the performance metrics and ease of deployment for cloud based application using container like Docker or Garden/Warden.
- Design the customer authorization based on OAuth2 and OpenID industry standards.
- Integrate with the DevOps pipeline to automate the continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Define the guiding principle for design of the No-SQL data model to take into account the micro-services pattern implementation.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis of mobile applications.
- Partner with development teams; define Verizon design guidelines; provide guidance and training to developers to ensure Verizon best practices are followed for the cloud applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in managing a team of developers.
- Experience contribut
ing to technical conversations, decisions, strategies, and review code.
- Three or more years of experience designing / developing REST API / Web Services based on Java Spring technologies and exposure to No-SQL.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Exposure to mobile application development, Cassandra model creation and Cloud technologies like Cloud Foundry / Docker and Spring Cloud.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6462763-senior-software-architect