Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will work fairly independently on more complex operational & technical projects, issues, systems and applications. You will use your experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more difficult & infrequent.
This candidate will be responsible for the design and development of Solo Project. Partner with various IT and Business Stakeholders, and lead Enterprise projects leveraging the technical expertise, architectural knowledge and solid communication skills to drive value for e-commerce development.
Perform high-level activities, including client requirements collection/analysis, and systems design related to all phases of the systems life cycle. Evaluate and develop reliable and efficient automated solutions to fulfill complex business requirements. Help drive strategic direction for the product development and new initiatives by collaborating with business partners (ISO), network teams and IT management to evaluate marketing requirements and determine feasibility of implementation.
Work as a team member and provide technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise on large, highly complex projects Collect client requirements, perform analysis, write program specifications and develop designs. Produce high quality deliverable in a timely fashion and perform technical evaluation of products. Candidate is responsible for entire software lifecycle including requirements, analysis, design, implementation, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance. Perform project management activities such as planning, sizing, staffing, scheduling as well as implementation activities. Responsible for analyzing and pro-actively managing problems and making decisions that impact overall systems and projects while acting independently.
Evaluate, develop and implement systems solutions to effectively fulfill business requirements. Ensure systems implementations occur in accordance with established Change Control procedures.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline with experience in software design and development, or equivalent experience
• Four or more years in related discipline
• Experience in developing and designing high performance, scalable, cloud native, headless, web applications with web frameworks such as Play/w Java and Angular/React and concurrency frameworks such as Akka, JAVA Concurrency package
• Experience with one or more of Play, Java, React JS is a must
• Experience with source code control systems such as Git and related practices
• Familiarity with Agile methods and Continuous Integration including but not limited to Program and Release Backlog Management (Jira), Defect Tracking (Jira), Collaboration (Confluence, Jive, others) Test Automation (JUnit, NUnit, TestNG), Continuous Integration/Deployment (Jenkins, Hudson), Code Review (Sonar, Findbugs)
• Experience in cloud computing and cloud hosted applications such as Amazon AWS, EC2 and S3
• Experience in clustered cache is a plus such as Redis, Memcache, Coherence
• Experience in Endeca is a plus or any other search systems is a plus
• Experience in No SQL databases is a plus (e.g. Casandra, Mongo)
• Self-motivated, innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capable of working independently
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6472602-senior-scala-programmer