As a Senior Java Middleware Developer, you will design and implement a highly scalable, highly available application for Verizon Wireless.
You will help lead the billing transformation program which will have major savings high availability and provide business continuity. You will lead and migrate a more than 100 million customer base from mainframe application to open source platform.
You will implement next gen platform using open source / open systems which is cloud enabled and based on Micro services architecture. You will design and developer an application to handle ~1 billion transactions per day.
•Design, Architect and create solutions using java, microservice and Cassandra No SQL Database
•Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
•Analysis, design for the products and services in the Wireless business to fulfill the nedds of strategic initiatives
•Lead and guide a team of 4 - 5 junior developers review their and implementation
•Understand the business needs and make critical design decisions an implement the same with other team members
•Participate in day to day activities involving design, development, test support, deployment and production monitoring and support for Order Management platform
•Communicate with external teams including business clients on various issues and resolutions to provide the best customer experience
•Participate in requirement gathering and create design documents
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing applications using Java and Spring.
- Experience handling complete product releases from development, integration, testing, to production.
- Experience with agile development.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Hands on experience with Spring Boot.
- Experience in implementing critical high-availability applications and experience in Microservices.
- Experience in No SQL technology.
- Experience with DevOps tools.
- Strong technical leadership, aptitude and communication skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6761432-senior-java-engineer
• Post ID: 51725078 northdfw