As a Senior Java Middleware Developer, you will design and implement a highly scalable, highly available Order Management platform for Verizon Wireless.
You will help lead the billing transformation program which will have major savings high availability and provide business continuity. You will lead and migrate a more than 100 million customer base from mainframe application to open source platform using Java and NoSQL Database using Cassandra. You will lead data model design, implementation, performance tuning and query optimization for Cassandra NoSQL DB.
You will implement next gen platform using open source / open systems which is cloud enabled and based on Micro services architecture. You will design and implement micro services and API simplification to improve center and customer experience. You will create flexible, well designed and consistent data architecture to support business needs for high performance databases. You will implement high performance NoSQL solution to handle up to ~1 billion transactions per day.
•Design and develop solutions for complex order management application, interact with business partners, understand business needs and translate that to IT requirements and design. Ensure the developed code satisfy business requirements and ensure it is delivered on time.
•Platform modernization using new technologies. Identify new technologies the industry is moving towards. Evaluate Open Source technologies come up with proof of concepts and then implement these new technologies to reduce the cost of Ownership.
•Reduce billing calls and repeat calls by identifying shortcomings for billing and repeat calls and implement solutions to reduce. Identify the performance issues impacting the front-ends and create efficient micro services to improve.
•Lead and manage Order Management platform and implement highly scalable architecture. Review and guide resources in development, testing and monitoring. Proactively visited call centers after the integration, to identify customer complaints and any missed opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience developing applications using Java/J2EE and Web Services, Spring, Hibernate, and JSON or XML
- Experience with Oracle or DB2
- Experience handling complete product releases from development, testing to production
Ideally, you will also have:
- Hands on experience with Spring Boot, Micro services framework
- Experience in implementing critical high-availability applications and experience in Micro services
- Hands on experience with Cassandra Database and experience in NoSQL technologies
- Experience with continuous development, continuous integration, and agile development
- Experience working in In-Memory Data GRID
- Experience with DevOps tools
- Strong technical leadership, aptitude and communication skills
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6505189-senior-java-developer
• Post ID: 50246343 northdfw