As a Senior Java Developer working with Cassandra and Spark, this job is critical to business units, customers and legal perspective. You will be responsible for development, support and assistance on multiple applications. You will provide support and development work related to marketing campaigns, moving contact history to Cassandra and Spark, as well as audit work that is continuously changed per month based on marketing and customer experience directions. You will also serve as a development and production deployment support resource for a tool that is being used for reporting and sales compensation tracking for call center associates.
• Lead, analyze, design end to end of system flow design per business and marketing requirement
• Coordinate database design and analysis and perform system integration
• Able to work or lead on developing and architecting software application for multiple environments e.g. : Dev, Staging and Prod
• Coach and assist development onshore and offshore team and any other testers for any sensitive data that are not allowed from offshore.
• Provide research and analysis for any requirement and audit from legal, marketing and Sr. management
• Provide research and analysis for applications new hardware and software.
• Install and manage new software and hardware, deploy and build latest packages for kit drop.
• Debug issues reported by users and work with offshore team to fix the issues.
• Bachelor's degree orfour or more years of work experience
• Four or more years of relevant work experience
• Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design,
• Experience with Java/J2EE development
• Experience with Spark
• Experience with Cassandra coding, testing, debugging and documentation
Ideally, you will also have:
• BS or MS in Computer Science
• Experience with Scala
• Experience with SQL server 2012
• Experience with Mongo DB
• Work on all applications layers – WPF using MVVM, business logic, WCF services, and SQL tables/views/stored procedures
• Work within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
• Communication & stakeholder management skills
• Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6693095-senior-java-developer
• Post ID: 50120583 northdfw