The developer will design, test, and continually reengineer critical systems that are considered customer and business critical. The Engineer will work as a member of a small team, and employ industry best practice methodologies to bring about the internal-efficiency and innovations that support the company and the customer.
The responsibilities of the engineer will deliver services associated with the full lifecycle of application development. The lifecycle included but not limited to:
- Defining customer and the business needs
- Understanding server, network, security and associated hosting environment
- Data Modeling and Business Logic
- Application programming interface
- Developing and monitoring both user interface end-user experience
Additionally the candidate will support and at times act as a scrum master in accordance with agile development and principles
The regular schedule is weekday business hours but irregular hours may be required in response to important projects or operational emergencies.
This position will require 24/7 on-call readiness as required by business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with both back-end and front-end software development technologies.
- Strong hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- OS Platforms: Windows, OSX, iOS, Android, Unix/Linux, AWS
- Core Java skills: AWT/Swing, Java 2D, Multithreading, JavaMail, JDBC
- Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Websphere, WebLogic
- Middle Layer technology: JSP/Servlet, Spring, AKKA, JSF/EJB, Hibernate
- Data Layer technology: SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, NO-SQL, Oracle
- Network Protocols: HTTP, TCP/UDP, JNLP, SOAP/REST, JMSDevelopment Tools: NetBeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Data Modeling technology: XML, SAX, DOM, JAXB
- Source Code Management: GIT, SVN, CVS
- Source Code Build application: ANT/Maven, Grunt, Nexus
- Development Methodologies: AGILE, SDLC, SCRUM, UML
- Prior work experience in the telecommunications environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task effectively while meeting or exceeding aggressive deadlines.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6751519-senior-full-stack-software-engineer
• Post ID: 51469428 northdfw