If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make the customer experience with Verizon a better one.
We’re looking for a Senior Front End/Full stack Developer to join our team as we are remodeling the technology stack by building the application from the ground up supporting Verizon Wireless Digital systems. You’ll be part of our continued transformation to cloud based infrastructure and a DevOps environment.
- Participate in coding activities related to React, Angular JS, CSS, Java/J2EE, Spring Framework, RESTful web services, Micro services application.
- Follow up on the progress of development and report to development manager.
- Suggest best design patterns based on the existing application code and business rules that were implemented.
- Work with business owners to analyze requirements, identify impact to applications and determine high level LOE.
- Support enterprise releases, maintenance releases and coordinate database related activities for the applications.
- Participate in business enhancements and architecture enhancements.
- Demo application functionality to external team members, business owners and explain the existing functionality.
- Work with the development team and other production support team members to ensure the applications are working as expected.
- Work with the architects to come up with new ideas to improve overall application functionality and performance.
- Suggest architecture changes and design patterns based on existing application code and business rules.
- Document processes and requirements in detail to support other development efforts by other team members.
- Ability to take new challenges and learn new technologies quickly as and when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Java/J2EE, with knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Experience with developing web applications.
- Experience with object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful.
- Experience with Front End frameworks such as Angular.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant and Maven.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Familiarity with GIT and ability to set up your own version controlled environment.
- Ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues
- Created database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Implemented automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Stash.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6662820-senior-front-end-developer