- Verizon is seeking an exceptional Data Scientist to synthesize and leverage our massive dataset of Network events to improve reliability and improve customer experience. Understanding usage pattern and avoid disruption for customer’s service by proactively taking action will be most critical responsibility.
- Candidate will also be required to analyze UI usage pattern of operational users to identify opportunity to improve efficiency and creating different solutions to optimize usability.
- Candidate will work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas. Will lead applied analytics initiatives that are leveraged across the breadth of our solutions for connectivity requirement for our customers. Candidate will research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
- As our data scientist, candidates will provide expertise on mathematical concepts for the broader applied analytics team and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of our organization.
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics, related quantitative discipline or work experience.
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
- Experience delivering world-class data science outcomes.
- Ability to solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with his/her unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills.
- Passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets, and able to communicate that passion to product managers and engineers. Have a keen desire to solve business problems, and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data.
- Expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools.
- Accomplished in the use of statistical analysis environments such as R, MATLAB, SPSS or SAS.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and Microstrategy.
- Comfortable with relational databases as with Hadoop-based data mining frameworks.
- Familiar with SQL, Python, Java and C/C++.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6229957-senior-data-scientist