The Incident Response Senior Manager is a senior level position providing an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats. This position plays a critical role in Verizon’s enterprise computing defense. Managers are considered thought leaders, should be willing to mentor and advise others, and will drive the operational and strategic growth of the organization.
- Responsible for leading the tactical and strategic components of the Incident Response function within the TMC to include people, process, and technology.
- Actively participate in large scope high impact cyber breaches and manage Incident Response workflow and activities to support response and remediation
- Guide and influence the development and implementation of automation and application logic for security correlation purposes
- Maintain and enforce adherence to corporate and TMC standards, processes and procedures
- Communicate incident response actions to both technical and non-technical management
- Enhance workflow and processes driving incident response and mitigation efforts
- Provides incident response and ownership based on escalation and handoff procedures from junior or mid-career team members
- Ensure IR analysts execute the Incident Response Lifecycle to drive threat remediation and identify strategic countermeasures improving future defenses
- Provide leadership and guidance to advance the defensive capabilities of the Threat Management Center (TMC) and its subsequent ability to defend the Verizon Enterprise
- Reviews technical articles for knowledge sharing
- Provides Training and Mentoring of all IR team members
- Attracts, retains, and leads a team of employees by educating, developing and managing them to deliver strong results.
- Responsible for all aspects of their team’s performance management activities including goal setting, conducting reviews, check-ins and disciplinary action, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Previous experience in a leadership role that included personnel, budget, and operational management.
- Previous Information Assurance or Cyber Experience in the Telecommunications industry
- Previous experience in Cyber Intelligence or related disciplines
- Comprehensive understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture
- Experience executing various Incident Response Frameworks and Handling Procedures
- Program and Scripting Experience
- Five or more years managing IT security teams with an emphasis on security operations and incident response
- Eight or more years working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
- Demonstrates leadership and mentoring skills to help advance the overall capabilities of the TMC organization.
- Strong communication, presentation, and leadership skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience presenting to executive and senior leadership
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Six or more years of professional experience. This job role is considered experienced with team management responsibility
- Related Certification (A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, GREM) a plus
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments
- Manage multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6656657-cyber-incident-response-senior-manager