At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
- Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
- Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
- Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
- Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2010
- 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures
The Senior Application Developer will act as the lead for the applications development team, coordinating development projects and resources to ensure quality applications are delivered on time following business owner specifications and HCA IT&S development standards.
- Assists in developing, supporting, and maintaining database and other applications
- Leads the Applications Development Team by coordinating resources, ensuring business owner specifications and project development standards are met.
- Provides development team staff feedback to Director of Applications Services at performance review time
- Documents technical requirements by working with other developers and the business users
- Completes application development tasks assigned according to the project plan (if applicable) and communicates obstacles and status.
- Leads in developing prototypes / models and determining data sources (if applicable)
- Follows industry technical and development standards when developing database and web components.
- Executes application testing plans. Documents and resolves resulting defects.
- Facilitates system and user acceptance testing (as appropriate)
- Creates and maintains application documentation.
- Reviews and facilitates the analysis and executing of change requests and enhancements.
- Develops or follows appropriate change management controls to mitigate operational and financial risks.
- Actively participates in application design sessions.
- Provides technical guidance to business users, and application developers.
- Devises technical solutions to promote business activities.
- Coordinates routine application monitoring and maintenance as assigned.
- Trains service desk staff to support developed applications and provides second level support for those applications.
- Provides advanced technology solutions to end users
- Develops complex automation tools for end users using formal programming languages
- Creates advanced NPR reports
- Creates advanced reporting dashboards using standard reporting tools (SQL Server Reports, Crystal Enterprise, Xcelcius, ASP.net)
- Implements programs written by others for the Division
- Ensures programs are written to comply with current software standards
- Works to create a development strategy for development in the Division
- Works with Division Directors to prioritize project portfolio
- Participates as needed in the enterprise development community.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Other duties as assigned
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=25324-10636&lang=en
• Post ID: 50268488 northdfw