This position is with the Verizon Enterprise Services (VES) Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use functional expertise to act as an advisor to management and make recommendations on multiple medium to large-scale complex projects and guide staff members & peers. You will develop resolutions to complex problems creatively and make decisions that impact projects and staff members. You will exercise considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
The qualified candidate will play a key leadership role in Identifying architectural design and improvements, deployment strategies, continuous integration and delivery, testing and maintenance building upon a broad knowledge spanning all aspects of cloud delivery.
Develops key skills and knowledge within the Applications Delivery team to sustain the implementation of cloud operational techniques within the organization.
You will use professional concepts and company policies & procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems creatively and practically. Your work will be accomplished without direction.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Solution Architecture, System Architecture, Software Delivery/Project Management including Offshore delivery model.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
- Experience working on virtualized platforms
- Experience working in a Cloud Computing Environment
- Strong Agile Development & DevOps background with familiarity with CI/CD toolsets
- Familiarity with storage products and solutions
- Hands-on experience building, delivering, and managing cloud IaaS environments using IaaS platforms such as OpenStack, AWS, GCE, Azure and VMWare
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache, MySQL, HTTP Proxies) and familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Knowledgeable in Cloud Computing – specifically Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Hands on Experience with APIs integration with Cloud Service Providers – Azure, Amazon, HP Cloud, Rackspace for cloud management and analytics
- Expertise in integrating with Cloud Service Broker enablers like appdirect, Jamcracker for marketplace
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS deployments in both a private and hybrid clouds
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Data Center Architectures
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and virtualization
- Experience with Microsoft Office products; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project Management skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced environment that is constantly evolving and changing
- Programming: Java, NodeJS, C, C++
- Java Technologies: J2SDK, J2EE, EJB, ESB, Servlets, JSP, Struts, J2ME, Java Beans, RMI, JDBC, Java Applets, and AJAX
- Products: Concept wave Order Care 5.X platform - Experience with Order Negotiations, Service Registry and Catalog Management modules, Workflow Orchestration using Concept wave Processes
- Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services, AWS CloudFormation, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Database: One or more of: Oracle 8.x/9.x, SQL Server, NoSQL
- Additional Skills: Weblogic, iPlanet, XML/XSD, Web Services/WSDL (3+ yrs.), SVN, CVS, ANT/Maven, Eclipse, Junit, XML, Java Script, HTML, XMLSpy 3.5 Tools/Technologies
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6500504-senior-application-architect
• Post ID: 49643728 northdfw