We are looking for a Senior Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of mobile applications for Verizon Technicians.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Five or more years of software development experience including, but not limited to, mature design, coding, testing and debugging skills.
- Five or more years of experience with Java, J2EE technologies & Application Servers.
- Five or more year of experience developing Android applications.
- Some IOS development experience or willingness to learn.
- Three or more years of experience in development of applications which use Oracle as the primary database of record.
- Three or more years of experience developing applications in a UNIX environment.
- Three or more years of experience with the development and extension of micro services.
- Hands on experience in 802.16e Wi-MAX Technology,
- Have expertise in 802.11 a/b/g Wi-Fi Technologies and Wired Network.
- Excellent knowledge on UPnP Technology, which is built on TCP/IP Stack.
- Industry expertise in MPEG video, Wi-Fi, Network Extenders, Routers and Set-Top boxes.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6551500-senior-android-developer
• Post ID: 50244743 northdfw