- Work in a start-up-like environment with the resources of a large company developing cutting-edge solutions for TV and Movie consumer facing solutions.
- Strong passion for building new, scalable, robust software.
- Develop embedded software using the latest Android SDK, Open Source tools and frameworks
- Work closely with cross-functional engineer teams within an agile and results oriented environment.
- Work and collaborate with product owners and internal stakeholders, and design teams using different means of collaborative tools.
- Provide system and application support, and troubleshooting issues also provide technical documentation of the application design flows, troubleshooting steps, procedures, etc.
- Develop patentable intellectual property.
- Work on creating a complete end-to-end solution - no limits.
- See your software used by millions of enthusiastic users.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you will have:
- Expertise with multi-threaded programming.
- A deep understanding of Android SDK, Java is desired.
- Familiarity interface with web services and JSON or other serialization formats is a plus.
- Strong understanding of collections, design patterns is highly desired.
- Strong problem solving and algorithms is critical.
- Experienced in requesting information through a REST API.
- Experience with cross compilation of software between different architectures such as x86 and ARM in order to make files.
- Hands on experience with Open Source tools and frameworks.
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Good understanding of the Software Development lifecycle including, but not limited to, agile methodology.
- Effective Verbal and Written Communication skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6656574-senior-product-engineer-software-development