If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are looking for Senior Adobe AEM Developer to join the Verizon Digital IT organization tasked with the development and enhancement of the Support/Community section of website/app. The Support/community section plays a vital role in addressing Customer questions through Forums, Chat, FAQ's, and self-help articles. The Candidate will be required to maintain the current system, along with implementation of the next generation content management systems. This position will also require extensive research and evaluation of the latest content management systems that can be successfully integrated in Verizon's ecosystem.
- Understand AEM technology stack (JCR repository, Sling, Felix/OSGI).
- Integrate AEM with other marketing products like DTM, Target, Analytics, and Campaign.
- Design, and develop AEM components, templates based on functional and technical requirements; monitor the security and performance.
- Design and develop using Sightly, JSP, servlet, sling service, configuration, run modes.
- Set up and configure AEM authoring, publish, and dispatcher environment with Adobe recommended best practices.
- Evaluate the infrastructure needs of the system and optimize it for maximum performance and scalability.
- Work with front end technologies and frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, jQuery, Angular).
- Design applications with clear separation between front and back end layers.
- Provide strong testing and debugging skills at all levels, including unit, system, integration and performance testing.
- Assist in the conceptual and technical design, using object oriented design techniques.
- Assist with the estimation of development tasks.
- Independently interface with client technical teams and business owners as needed during the design and implementation.
- Mentor team members and ensure software developed adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews.
- Serve as a lead developer or team lead of a small team.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Your degree in Computer Science.
- Software engineering experience, including vast knowledge of development principles, frameworks, and technologies.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (Jenkins/Maven/Git).
- Experience with one or more Java concepts and patterns including: Java/J2EE, JSP, Spring, Sling, JMS, JUnit, AOP, MVC, Eclipse.
- Experience and full lifecycle involvement with both waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of multiple web and application tier technologies: Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Http, Spring tcServer, Solr, open source packages.
- Experience with web application design and analysis, design patterns, and objects oriented design.
- Demonstrated ability to define, creates, and completes a technical task without guidance.
- Proven ability to thoroughly unit test all work and deliver an error-free technology component to the team.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate issues and formulate remedial actions.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6496375-senior-adobe-aem-developer