You will be a part of the Corporate Network & Technology organization focusing on the strategic technology evolution across our organization specifically with orchestration of virtualized network functions. As part of this team you will work on the overall deployment, designing and feature roadmap for our orchestration solution you’ll have a positive impact on our organization, and change the way that our customers live, work, and play.
- Work with various Verizon Network and Application Planning teams (who are Virtual Network Function owners) from various business units to develop VNF and Service Descriptors to onboard and lifecycle manage the VNFs on OpenStack based Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP).
- Build a catalog of operationally ready VNFs and Services to operational ready state using automated Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tool chain.
- Assist in gap analysis of Orchestration and CI/CD tool chain with a goal of create a stable repeatable platform that can be integrated with customer facing portals as well as VNF vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Development experience with Orchestration or VNF Manager in product planning and design.
- Knowledge of OpenStack based Cloud Platforms.
- Knowledge of NFV and SDN products, technologies, architectures, and vendors.
- Experience with server provisioning using cloud-init and cloud config.
- Experience with TOSCA and YAML based file formats.
- Experience with HOT Template and OVF based VNF descriptors.
- Experience onboarding VNFs on to NFV Orchestrators such as NFV Director and Ericsson Cloud Manager.
- Experience with deployment or use of configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible, Jenkins.
- Knowledge of network device configuration and management (Juniper, Cisco) with NetConf network configuration protocol and YANG data model.
- Experience with CLI configuration of Cisco, HP, or Juniper switches and routers, Palo Alto firewalls, f5 load balancers.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Master’s degree.
- Hands-on development experience in a majority of the following areas:
- OpenStack CLI commands and administration.
- Linux/Unix scripting especially for TCP/IP stack, Firewalls (iptables), DNS, VPNs.
- Programming aptitude in Python, Java scripts, SOAP, Ruby, PHP.
- API development based on JSON, XML.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, written and verbal communications skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with Cisco, HP, or Juniper switches, routers, Palo Alto firewalls, and f5 load balancers.
- Networking services consisting of Virtual and Physical Network Functions.
- Familiarity or experience with Software Defined Networking principals or system.
- NFV Orchestrators – Cloudify, Ericsson Cloud Manager, HPE NFV-Director, HPE Service Director.
- Knowledge of wireless network – LTE, IMS, MPN.
- Knowledge of wireline networks and services – Private and Public IP network services, Switched Ethernet Services, Managed network services using Viptela, Versa.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6715530-principal-network-architect
• Post ID: 50243833 northdfw