Looking for Principal Hardware Engineer who supports the Product Development Group, EE/Hardware expert for electrical components and circuitry for IPTV and FiOS set top boxes by working with external contract design and manufacturing partners.
- Creates, documents, and teaches testing standards and procedures for new equipment releases.
- Identify components and work with manufacturers to evaluate suppliers and component quality.
- Support factory introduction of new product and work with our Manufacturing Group to visit manufacturer facilities overseas and report product quality, component quality and identify problems in production line.
- Compiles laboratory test data and perform appropriate analysis. Document testing procedures include but are not limited to data capture, equipment logbooks, and inventory forms.
- Evaluates analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved.
- Identifies quality problems, tracks problem down to root cause and recommends solutions.
- Interprets test results, compares them to established specifications and control limits, and makes recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Monitors testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, and/or protocols.
- Performs in- and out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommends corrective actions.
- Tests software for existing factory standards, improvements to testing, and compatibility with automated test platforms.
- Improves quality of software by analyzing the patterns of test results.
- Calibrates, validates, and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Responds to common inquiries and complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, and/or members of the business community.
- Presents information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Communicates and maintains good working relationships with engineering partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or closely related degree; technical Master’s degree a plus.
- Two or more years of years industry experience; five or more years of experience preferred working as an Electrical Engineer/HW design engineer, supporting factory introduction, and analyzing field issues.
- Strong ability to interpret electronic schematics required; ability to design circuits highly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, factor analysis, and other similar operations required.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables required.
- Ability to analyze software and understand abstract data types desired.
- In depth knowledge of Wifi and Blue tooth technologies, drivers is a plus
- Ability to perform Object-Oriented Programming, LabVIEW programming, and debugging desired. Experience in development and usage of tools, drivers, and internal communication protocols developed in C/C++ language is a plus
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6612521-principal-hardware-engineer
• Post ID: 51469028 northdfw