As Wireless Radio Access Architect you will keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. You would analyze and recommend to executives technical trade-offs in product development with engineers. You will help manage fast-changing business priorities and interface with stakeholders.
The candidate will play a key role in developing next generation Wireless network. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities and driving the progress of various initiatives that will impact how people access Internet across US. You will be creating new wireless network technologies and influence Verizon’s approach to mobile wireless communication.
- You will be responsible for the design, integration, and validation of wireless networks, with particular emphasis on in-building systems, V2X, and Connected Cars/DSRC, and unlicensed spectrum territory
- Develop partnership strategy based on research, expertise and understanding of the Access sector (e.g. Wireless, Wi-Fi, fixed line infrastructure, spectrum, etc.) landscape and trends.
- Candidate will develop excellent working relationships with HQ planning teams, NNO, Maintenance Engineering and Field Operations
- Conduct proof of concept in the lab, and trial it in the field
- Independently manage complex technical projects, including but not limit to, attending industry standard meeting and forums, assessing start-up companies, and collaborating with internal organizations for PoC and trial
- Author and collaborate on Technical Requirements, Specifications, Proposals, High Level Designs, and other applicable engineering documents
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Deep knowledge of wireless technology landscape including experience with wireless standards (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE)
- Wireless expert with strong hands-on technical skills in small cell and in-building system, and demonstrated ability to work across disparate groups including planning, product management, and engineering.
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP specifications and worldwide spectrum and telecommunications regulations
- Excellent theoretical and practical experience in transmitter and receiver design, antenna characteristics, and cellular network design, including back-end systems, LTE and SON technologies
- Experience working in both start-up and corporate environments, with international Telco’s and carrier/agency certification, and a demonstrated ability to formulate data driven proposals
- Highly proficient in understanding data network elements including EPC and IMS
- Experience in performance optimization for LTE end to end network, KPI, and parameters
- Understanding of wireless unlicensed and licensed frequency bands, as well as co-existence considerations between them.
- Understanding of cloud RAN, Virtual RAN, Co-ordinated Multi Point (CoMP)
- Solid understanding of state-of-the-art transceiver architectures, silicon technologies, and advanced multi-antenna systems; analog/digital beam forming, MIMO, MU-MIMO
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6460013-principal-engineer-radio-access-network-architect