What you’ll be doing...
This role will focus on developing solutions to support the SDN/NFV technology for Verizon customers.
- Identify emerging and disruptive technology vendors, products, and solutions for System integration.
- Manage an IT Staff of developers, and cultivate the relationship with these vendors to drive innovation within Verizon.
- Lead the development and deep experience in Software development with technologies (IoT, M2M, 5G, Dev Ops, Cloud, Agile) and provide key strategic insights.
- Present recommendations to senior leadership
- Use data analytics and make strategic decisions regarding trends in technology and services to implement change within Verizon
- Provide strategic direction and thought leadership for driving technology transformation through strategic vendor partnerships.
- Enable an agile and simplified onboarding process for emerging solution integration
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have::
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels.
- Software development experience, including API development (REST, XML, etc.) and SOA methodology.
- Knowledge of the SDLC in both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of Agile Development, continuous integration and automation testing.
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CruiseControl or TeamCity.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service platforms: AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, Soft Layer, OpenStack, etc.
- Knowledge of current IT systems, software, cloud and software defined networks (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Virtual Network Services (VNF).
- Knowledge of software delivery models like micro services, methodologies, and roadmaps.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Master’s degree or an MBA.
- Experience working with business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Understanding of current technologies, suppliers, challenges and emerging architectures needed to drive transformation.
- Expert in creating business case, use cases, storytelling and driving change.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with positive can do attitude.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of machine learning techniques, distributive computing tools (Spark, Hive, etc.) and Hadoop.
- Demonstrated ability to create clear and detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
- Deep understanding of networks, new emerging network concepts and network virtualization.
- Demonstrated Architectural Leadership (applications, virtualization, security, network) and DevOps experience, preferably a blend of wireless and wireline technologies.
- Effectively and efficiently matching internal needs with new supplier’s capabilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross functional team environment.
- Advance user of MS applications, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and simultaneously work on multiple projects
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6744350-lead-network-architect
• Post ID: 51166093 northdfw