If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
Digital Architecture is seeking a Cloud Architect to play a critical, client-facing role that interprets and translates client requirements into viable, scalable cloud solutions that help customers solve problems. The cloud architect will coordinate efforts across the sales and services teams to provide solution details, work estimates, and associated materials that help model and ultimately migrate the current applications into cloud platforms. Practical experience with cloud based solutions (IaaS and PaaS) like Amazon AWS, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry or similar technologies is highly desired as is experience migrating enterprise applications to the cloud.
This individual will work closely with internal stakeholders from a strategic perspective to identify and exploit opportunities to utilize private and public cloud solutions to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of information technology, and enable the end users to use through self-service enablement, automation, scale and development of meaningful dashboards and reports. The ideal candidate will be highly versatile and equally across the entire application stack and able to present to non-technical teams leaders. The candidate should have demonstrable experience leading agile, strategic projects that leverage the application of unique intellectual property, cutting edge technology, and distributed implementation partners.
Individual in this role work closely with clients and IT team members to understand the stakeholder requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with digital services and IT strategies and be compliant with the Verizon's architectural standards. Cloud Architecture and relevant cloud technologies will be involved in building and migrating the applications into the new model. The candidate will also complete assessments of each application and interfaces to determine the best cloud migration approach.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experienceto code problems in Java, .NET, C, C++ or related language.
- Experience to roadmap and detail out (technically) migration of an existing application to the cloud using micro services architecture.
- Experience in writing programs and scripts in languages such as Python, Ansible etc.
- Experience withweb services and SOA concepts to help implement solutions.
- Experience with IaaS/PaaS andknowledge of the benefits of platforms such as AWS, Azure, OpenStack, and Cloud Foundry.
- Experience in Web and middleware technologies such as Apache, Tomcat, Jboss, and WebLogic. Possess experience in database technologies SQL, NoSQL, Oracle configurations, Elastic Search, MongoDB .
- Experiencewith configuration management tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, CFEngine etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor's orMaster’s degreein Computer Science.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with executives and business partners.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6719543-lead-cloud-architect
• Post ID: 50313143 northdfw