Digital Operations group is seeking an energetic and experienced Lead Cloud Application Developer to play a critical, client-facing role that interprets and translates client requirements into viable, scalable cloud solutions that help customers solve problems. Manager helps coordinate efforts across the sales and services teams to provide solution details, work estimates, and associated materials that help model the current applications into cloud architecture. Experience with cloud based development frameworks is highly desired.
This individual will work closely with internal stakeholders from a strategic perspective to identify and exploit emerging technologies in the private and public cloud solutions to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of highly scalable architectures, and enable the end users to use through self-service enablement, automation, scale and development of meaningful architectures that help solve customer problems. The ideal candidate will be highly versatile and equally capable in front of an architecture review board or the executive leaders. The candidate should have demonstrable experience leading agile, strategic projects that leverage the application of unique intellectual property, cutting edge technology, and distributed implementation partners.
Individual in this role will work closely with clients and IT team members to understand the stakeholder requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with digital services and IT strategies and are be compliance with the Verizon's architectural standards.
- Build highly scalable and high performance architecture to help support Verizon Wireless online sales and services.
- Design and develop front-end and back-end services and REST API’s to help support high volume web transactions.
- Technology expert in the area of Search using open source or commercial products across all business units to help advance and drive internal and external innovation.
- Identify potential emerging technologies that help run Digital platforms, in a highly scalable manner for a high traffic volume web setup.
- Lead and coordinate the Innovation Review forums for the Digital Platforms group at Verizon Sales and Services teams.
- Partner with architects and engineers to build strategies for execution, drive and/or facilitate key decisions, and influence others and lead change where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing Restful services for customer facing front end and backend systems.
- Experience with windows technologies ASP.NET, .Net Core, C# and MS-SQL and go to market strategies for migrating windows based applications to the cloud.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s /Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Capability to refactor code for a “green field” setup using cloud based technologies for both private and public.
- Familiarity with a broad mix of technologies including a strong subset of: Microservices, AngularJS, React, Java, JSP, JBoss, MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra), RabbitMQ, AWS Web Services, Apigee, Play/Akka, Linux, and a range of open source libraries. Also important to have familiarity with distributed architecture, SOA, and platform concepts.
- Well versed with industry leading practices in the cloud and microservices development areas. Also, well aware of tools and techniques at all layers of the stack.
- Experience practicing Test- and/or Behavior-Driven Development.
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, and performant systems.
- Curiosity about new technology and the possibilities is creates- you’ll always discovering the latest products and services.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6716642-lead-cloud-application-developer
• Post ID: 50240833 northdfw