This position is with the Verizon Enterprise Services (VES) Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use functional expertise to act as an advisor to management and make recommendations on multiple medium to large-scale complex projects and guide staff members & peers. You will develop resolutions to complex problems creatively and make decisions that impact projects and staff members. You will exercise considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
The qualified candidate will play a key leadership role in architecture & design, systems integration and end to end designs, deployment strategies, continuous integration and delivery, testing and maintenance for critical Verizon’s Enterprise service delivery and center engagement systems.
- Develop systems & applications using state of the art technology to deliver business functions and application components
- Develop system architecture that improve designs & enhance user experience.
- Educate team members about integrating systems collaboratively & efficiently
You will use professional concepts and company policies & procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems creatively and practically. Your work will be accomplished without direction.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in System Architecture, Software Delivery/Project Management including Offshore delivery model.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex telecommunications network system architecture and come up with system solutions to resolve complex business problems
- Strong Agile Development & DevOps background with familiarity with CI/CD toolsets
- Should have hands-on experience building, delivering, and managing J2EE apps , BEA Tuxedo, CORBA, RMI and Oracle DB.
- Hands on Experience building, delivering and managing cloud native /microservices based apps with spring boot, angular JS / React JS technologies
- Hands on Experience with APIs integration with Cloud Service Providers – Azure, Amazon, GCE for cloud management and analytics
- Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure and virtualization- Amazon services (EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, VPC, subnets, security group, autoscaling, Cloud Formation), Ansible, Packer & Spinnaker.
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache, MySQL, HTTP Proxies) and familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Familiarity with storage products and solutions
- Knowledgeable in Cloud Computing – specifically Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience with Microsoft Office products; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project Management skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced environment that is constantly evolving and changing
- Programming: Java, NodeJS, C, C++
- Java Technologies: J2SDK, J2EE, EJB, ESB, Servlets, JSP, Struts, RMI, JDBC, Java, and AJAX
- Database: One or more of: Oracle 8.x/9.x, SQL Server, NoSQL
- Additional Skills: Weblogic, iPlanet, XML/XSD, Web Services/WSDL (3+ yrs.), SVN, CVS, ANT/Maven, Eclipse, Junit, XML, Java Script, HTML, XMLSpy 3.5 Tools/Technologies
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6676129-lead-architect