Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will perform medium size technical tasks with some level of complexity. You will generally follow established/documented approaches to issues and problems.
End-to-End System Analysis & Design
• Support the creation of design documents
• Assess usage patterns
• Support the integration of technology with strong interface design
Software Application Development & Architecture
• Develop new applications/systems that run smoothly and require minimal maintenance
• Support system designs
• Integrate systems within a select range of operating technologies
Database Analysis & Design
• Analyze database optimization and profiles performance by verifying with actual data
• Support database audits and monitors for security breaches
• Review accuracy & integrity of data
• Move data between modules & files
• Run tests on simple projects
System & Network Security
• Support scripting of operating platforms/systems
• Support security initiatives/issues related to software products, systems & network development
Technical Product Knowledge
• Support technical product evaluation initiatives by assessing a solution’s features relative to the business needs
• Keep abreast of industry trends & competitors
• Implement new products/solutions
• Maintain appropriate technical documentation documents
• Document business problems and the technical work processes to be followed
• Develop & deliver technical advice to resolve customers’ problems
• Analyze collected data to support the development of business cases
• Explain Verizon products to customers at a level appropriate to the audience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- One or more years of relevant experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- JSP / Servlets.
- Markup Languages like XML and JSON.
- .Net and C# application development.
- Web Frameworks like Struts / Spring.
- Service Oriented Architecture / Web Services - SOAP / Rest.
- Application(s): WebLogic, Java, Oracle, shell scripting.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6430998-java-developer
• Post ID: 49300374 northdfw