Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will work fairly independently on more complex operational & technical projects, issues, systems and applications. You will use your experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more difficult & infrequent.
- Bachelor’s degree o four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Master’s Degree in computer science
- Five or more years of IT experience in analysis, design, development, documentation, implementing and testing of software systems in Java, J2EE and Internet technologies.
- Strong background in performance optimizations and process automation.
- Strong Knowledge on Application Development using Software Development Life Cycle SDLC using various methodologies like Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
- Experience working with various J2EE technologies including Hibernate, Struts MVC Framework, Servlets, JSP,JNDI, JMS, JDBC, AJAX, WEB SERVICES and ANT.
- Experience building automation tools and experience in CI/CD pipeline software such as Jenkins.
- Experience in developing Web Services SOAP, JAX-WS, WSDL .
- Experience in Configuring and deploying applications on Tomcat 5.5/6.0/7.0 server.
- Sound RDBMS concepts and broadly worked Oracle 12c, NoSQL technologies such as Elastic Search , Mongo DB .
- Experience with Use-Case design, Class and Sequence diagrams using UML.
- Good working experience in GUI design and application development using IDE's like Eclipse.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6495519-java-developer