Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will work fairly independently on more complex operational & technical projects, issues, systems and applications. You will use your experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more difficult & infrequent.
The Employee Experience IT team strives to create a best in class user experience amongst the entire portfolio including Human Resources, Employee Communications, and Mobility. With the right vision, this team has resources to create best in class solutions, drive consistency, and bring critical innovation in line with Verizon's brand and Credo.
This position is of a Java Developer for Employee Experience and Collaboration Applications. This individual plays a key role in developing and maintaining innovative solutions in this space. Primary responsibility will be to design and develop applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
- Develops software solutions by understanding business needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- B.S. or equivalent experience (Preferred - Computer Science/4+ years in related discipline)
- Proficient in Java/J2EE, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Proficient in developing large enterprise scale web applications
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Good Knowledge of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
- Experience with Front End frameworks such as Angular
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Stash
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant and Maven
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with GIT and ability to set up your own version controlled environment
- Ability to pick up new technology quickly
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Communication & stakeholder management skills
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6436686-java-developer-front-end