The Incident Response Manager Role is a senior level position providing an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats. This position plays a critical role in Verizon’s enterprise computing defense. Analysts are considered thought leaders, should be willing to mentor and advise others, and will drive the operational and strategic growth of the organization.
- Acts as Incident Commander for high impact cyber breaches and advanced attack methods through using the Cyber Kill Chain methodology as well as the TMC playbook based on NIST methods and procedures.
- Conducts malware analysis and identification of Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) to evaluate incident scope and associated impact
- Drives the technical oversight and guidance required to support junior and mid-career analysts during analysis efforts
- Utilize analytic experience to address cyber-attacks and mitigate indicators and correlations to identify attribution and potential threat and impact to Verizon resources through the following cybersecurity method of: Preparation for malicious actions, identification of malicious actions, containment of a security incident, eradication of the malicious software, and system recovery
- Enhance workflow and processes driving incident response and mitigation efforts
- Provides incident response and ownership based on escalation and handoff procedures from junior or mid-career team members
- Executes the Incident Response Lifecycle to drive threat remediation and identify strategic countermeasures improving future defenses
- Expert leverage of Forensics techniques, tools, and capabilities to support Cyber Incident Response activities
- Leverage of Enterprise Anti-Virus, IDS, Full Packet Capture and Host/Network Forensics Tools for Incident Response analysis
- Provide leadership and guidance to advance the defensive capabilities of the Threat Management Center (TMC) and its subsequent ability to defend the Verizon Enterprise
- Writes technical articles for knowledge sharing
- Provides Training and Mentoring of junior and mid-career team members
- Attracts, retains, and leads a team of employees by educating, developing and managing them to deliver strong results.
- Responsible for all aspects of their team’s performance management activities including goal setting, conducting reviews, check-ins and disciplinary action, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Previous Information Assurance or Cyber Experience in the Telecommunications industry
- Previous experience with malware reverse engineering
- Previous experience in Cyber Intelligence or related disciplines
- Understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture
- Experience executing various Incident Response Frameworks and Handling Procedures
- Program and Scripting Experience
- Previous experience with Regex
- Three or more years working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
- Proficient in understanding Operating Systems and their architectures: Windows, Unix/Linux, and OSX Operating Systems
- Demonstrates leadership and mentoring skills to help advance the overall capabilities of the TMC organization.
- Strong communication, presentation, and leadership skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience presenting to executive and senior leadership
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
- Exhibits initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments
- Manages multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Six or more years of professional experience. This job role is considered experienced with team management responsibility.
- Related Certification (A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, GREM) a plus
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6656840-incident-response-manager