If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are looking for a Full Stack Java Developer to join the Self Service/Live Chat/Virtual Agent team where you will help deliver Verizon Digital Transformation requirements/Business cases. Candidate will be responsible in maintaining Customer Service applications with development efforts ranging from minor customizations to application enhancements/integrations involving both Frontend and backend changes.
- Monitoring/Maintaining the Virtual Agent application infrastructure/software.
- Work with Vendor(s) and Business Clients reviewing the content and results.
- Convert Business Requirements to technical requirements and propose solutions/design.
- Modify, debug and evaluate programs for functional areas, work on any new enhancements based on new business requirements.
- Automating the application Daily Health checks/Test cases.
- Undivided attention to application performance.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BS degree in Computer Science.
- Possess development experience in Java Technologies and Oracle Databases for any customizations/troubleshooting in UNIX environment.
- Knowledge of Self Service Applications, Virtual Agent, Chat bots and Natural Language Processing.
- Possess solid technical, inter-personnel communication, Teamwork & Collaboration skills.
- Ability to perform independently.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6659405-full-stack-java-developer