You will design and build highly scalable, resilient and high performance architecture to help support Verizon sales and services with main focus on Order Management and Billing using latest open source Java technologies, Messaging Services and open source SQL / NOSQL data bases.
You will design and develop front-end, back-end services and work flows supporting extremely high volume transactions using Micro services in containers on public cloud platform.
You will participate with open source communities to bring the power of open source world as low cost IT solution with higher quality to Verizon.
- Handle multiple projects from the business and see it through to implementation and also provide innovative solutions.
- Lead a dynamic team in a very fast paced environment to educate the team on cloud technologies, Agile Methodology using Dev Ops practices.
- Perform end-to-end systems analysis and design and evaluate solution's alignment with the end user experience.
- Partnering with architects and engineers to build strategies for execution, drive and/or facilitate key decisions, and influence others and lead change where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in J2EE Application, Java Application server and three or more years of open source Java technologies such as BPM, Sprint Boot framework, Tomcat, Camel, ELK, or Spring Integration.
- Experience or knowledge of DevOps and DevOps tools including JIRA, GIT/Stash, Jenkins, Maven or Ansible.
- Knowledge of cloud technology / Amazon Web Services/
- Experience in the complete software development lifecycle and Agile practices.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Even better if you have your Master’s degree.
- In depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services /
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures, Enterprise Service Bus, API design, and 24/7 Operations.
- Experience with cloud implementation including container solutions and utilizing cloud for micro services using latest open source Java technologies.
- Critical and creative thinking skills with the proven ability to execute on the details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Good analytical, research and presentation skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6656010-enterprise-java-architect