Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will manage a team to resolve a diverse range of complex problems and regularly lead multiple, technically complex, large-scale projects.
Work with an exciting team in an exciting space. Our team is a close-knit and lean organization of high performing individuals focused on creating best-in-class solutions. Our work spans everything from Desktop, smartphone and tablet applications for individual customers as well as enterprise employees. Within this space, the group prides itself on its ability to be quick, agile and innovative.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual to work on various Customer facing applications. This person will:
- Provide technical leadership to team members.
- Lead architectural design and development of mobile applications, frameworks, platform and technologies ensuring high performance, solid reliability, string resilience, low latency and high flexibility.
- Work closely with product management/leadership teams to design and build new features and insightful metrics focused on making top class user experience.
- Build tools and drive system improvements to make it easier for other app teams to adopt, use and integrate with the platform.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in IT systems development
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Eight or more years of experience in IT systems development with a focus on digital (web/mobile) platforms
- Experience with social engagement and customer journey optimization
- Demonstrated success evaluating and adopting emerging technologies
- Experience with machine learning, robotic process automation platforms and/or big data analytics is a plus
- Significant experience managing large IT portfolio
- Measuring and report performance of technology initiatives, and assessment against goals
- Technical management, analytical skills, problem solving, budget management, strategic planning and quality management
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and collaborate at all levels of a large, complex organization
- Excellent project management and collaboration skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a large and complex environment
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical users
- Effective Verbal and Written Communication
- Your degree in Computer/Electronics Engineering or Computer Science
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or MBA preferred.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6498547-front-end-digital-applications-manager