We believe A line of code by a Developer can do amazing things. The faster this line of code reaches millions of Verizon customers, the sooner it impacts their lives. As a Software Engineer, DevOps platform engineering team, you will be at the center of DevOps engineering process building tools and software that empowers development, ops, networks and business teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. We are seeking a talented, automation-focused Python developer to join our Innovative Engineering Team. You'll be playing a key role to develop next generation DevOps automation solutions in advancing Verizon’s overall technology transformation. You need to be a full-stack Python developer to help build our tools and automation projects in DevOps and AWS.
- Hands-on coding Designing and developing web applications, backend services, build and test automation, prototyping, data visualization
- Automate everything, then do whatever else it takes to make sure our systems are bulletproof and super-fast
- Leading and mentoring more junior engineers, making sure to bring others along for the journey
- Translating functional requirements into conceptual and detailed designs; providing estimates for development effort; implementing proof of concept, prototypes and production-grade software; creating unit and acceptance tests;
- Develop automation in a large-scale distributed environment with cloud-based applications
- Bachelor’s or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field
- Five or more years of experience in software development, engineering, testing, or a related field
- Five or more years of experience in Python Core Development
- Good Knowledge in Python Core Concepts and Object Oriented Programming Paradigms
- Solid experience in Design Pattern Implementations in Python
- Should be able to work on Relational DBMS and ORM
- Strong knowledge in any UI Framework (Python) and modelling Framework (Python)
- Experience creating applications that operate in AWS using Cloud Formation
- Experience with web application development using RESTful services, Jersey Framework and JAX-RS
- Mastery of software development using GitHub
- Hands on experience creating responsive web applications using modern CSS frameworks like Bootstrap
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and practices such as Agile/Iterative development, test-driven development
- Reviewable open-source contributions would be a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Experience with MySQL/SQL Servers/Oracle
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6647866-devops-platform-engineering-developer