At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
- Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
- Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
- Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
- Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2011
- 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures
Summary of Duties: The Consulting Network Engineer VOIP provides complex, high level technical knowledge and support. Responsible for the most complex testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including software, communications devices, circuits, routers, and end station devices). Monitors and controls the performance and status of the network resources. Utilizes software and hardware tools, identifies, and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Will function in a lead capacity within the department. The Consulting Network Engineer VOIP provides guidance and direction for less-experienced Network Engineers.
The Consulting Network Engineer VOIP provides support for complex issues for the supporting computer and network infrastructure of key business services, resolving more complex issues to higher levels. Interface and confers directly with users at various levels to maximize availability of computer and network systems regarding operating problems, performs routine troubleshooting of QOS vs. non QOS issues, and supporting Unified Communications Manager deployments remotely, and support tools (SSH, SFTP, HTTP, RTM (Real-time Monitor), identifies alternative courses of action; assists users in securing resources and services necessary to resolve problems. Create procedures for supporting business service applications, routers, switches, servers, circuits and other computer hardware infrastructure. Applies technical skills and procedures appropriate for the position.
Supervisor: Director, Technical Services
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
· Provide support of corporate applications; internal/external corporate servers, etc.
· Proficiency regarding the issues involved with maintaining corporate infrastructure, including network connectivity, Internet access, email and availability of all multiple system platforms. Support Voice mail (Unity Connection), Call handlers and call-routing, toll fraud prevention, transfer to greeting vs. transfer to extension and others as needed. Understands the issues involved in maintaining corporate LAN/WAN.
· Provide network systems support for production problems as they relate to the performance and availability of key business services, the supporting servers, and network infrastructure.
· Ability to analyze complex production problems and select corrective action.
· Monitors performance of Wide Area Networks, Local Area Networks, and supporting hardware, including routers, switches, servers, and circuits for network failures.
· Researches error messages and uses analytical and problem solving skills to take necessary corrective actions. High-level knowledge of key business services, supporting hardware and software infrastructure, supported network systems, utilities, routers, switches, network topologies, and knowledge in the following areas (LAN QOS and vlan based QOS , WAN QOS challenges including Metro-E, MPLS , roué-patterns, route groups and route lists and distributed dial-plans.
· Assists in recovery by communicating with Application Development, Technical Support personnel.
· Create and maintains problem documentation and actions taken.
· Performs job-related duties as assigned.
· Guide, train, instruct, and assists others at peer or lower levels on straightforward technical issues.
· Adheres to and supports HCA IT&S standards, policies and procedures.
· Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information.
· Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=25324-10494&lang=en
• Post ID: 50272428 northdfw