Digital Operations group is seeking an energetic and experienced Cloud Application Architect to play a critical, client-facing role that interprets and translates client requirements into viable, scalable cloud solutions that help customers solve problems. Manager helps coordinate efforts across the sales and services teams to provide solution details, work estimates, and associated materials that help model the current applications into cloud architecture. Experience with cloud based development frameworks is highly desired.
This individual will work closely with internal stakeholders from a strategic perspective to identify and exploit emerging technologies in the private and public cloud solutions to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of highly scalable architectures, and enable the end users to use through self-service enablement, automation, scale and development of meaningful architectures that help solve customer problems. The ideal candidate will be highly versatile and equally capable in front of an architecture review board or the executive leaders. The candidate should have demonstrable experience leading agile, strategic projects that leverage the application of unique intellectual property, cutting edge technology, and distributed implementation partners.
Individual in this role will work closely with clients and IT team members to understand the stakeholder requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with digital services and IT strategies and are be compliance with the Verizon's architectural standards.
- Build highly scalable and high performance architecture to help support Verizon Wireless online sales and services.
- Design and develop front-end and back-end services and REST Api’s to help support high volume web transactions.
- Technology expert in the area of Search using open source or commercial products across all business units to help advance and drive internal and external innovation.
- Identify potential emerging technologies that help run Digital platforms, in a highly scalable manner for a high traffic volume web setup.
- Lead and coordinate the Innovation Review forums for the Digital Platforms group at Verizon Sales and Services teams.
- Partnering with architects and engineers to build strategies for execution, drive and/or facilitate key decisions, and influence others and lead change where appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Hands on experience developing highly scalable Restful services for customer facing front end and backend systems.
- Capability to refactor code for a “green field” setup using cloud based technologies for both private and public.
- Familiarity with a broad mix of technologies including a strong subset of: Microservices, AngularJS, React, Java, JSP, JBoss, MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra), RabbitMQ, AWS Web Services, Apigee, Play/Akka, Linux, and a range of open source libraries. Also important to have familiarity with distributed architecture, SOA, and platform concepts.
- Well versed with industry leading practices in the cloud and microservices development areas. Also, well aware of tools and techniques at all layers of the stack.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Experience practicing Test- and/or Behavior-Driven Development.
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, performant systems.
- Curiosity about new technology and the possibilities is creates- you’ll always discovering the latest products and services.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6561908-cloud-application-architect
• Post ID: 51469228 northdfw