You will be part of Data Plaform engineering and technology and will partner closely with a team of data scientists, business analysts & data engineers leading the Verizon Wireless Big Data & Cloud strategy You will architect and implement these road maps and bring to life revolutionary new analytics and insights.
You will provide technical direction to the engineering and application team. You will collaborate with Sales/Marketing/Operations/Finance/Network to utilize the new big data tools. You will design and develop code, scripts and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data.
You will participate in requirements and design technical workshops with platform users. You will estimate new projects and evaluate new big data technologies.
•Provide architecture and technology leadership across Batch and Streaming data processing platform in Big Data and Cloud Data technologies
•Development of code templates using Kafka, Storm , Elastic , HIVE
•Develop and recommending novel and innovative -- yet proven and demonstrated -- approaches to solving business and technical problem
•Responsible for development using Java, Scala , Python language and Big Data Frameworks, Kafka, Storm , Spark Streaming, EMR, S3, Data pipeline, Lambda, Kinesis
•Reviewing, analyzing and evaluating market requirements, business requirements and project briefs in order to design the most appropriate end-to-end technology solutions
•Integrating with external data sources and APIs
•Designing, building, and delivering apps following best practices
•Using Hadoop and related tools to manage the analysis of billions of customer transaction records
•Provide architectural support by building Proof of Concepts & Prototypes
•Work with the developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options
•Develop and recommending novel and innovative -- yet proven and demonstrated -- approaches to solving business and technical problems.
•Provide information architecture, solution prototyping, and agile development processes in Datawarehousing
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with data, data warehousing & BI.
- Experience with Hadoop , Hive, and Pig.
- Experience on Hortonworks Hadoop Distrbution.
- Experience in Hadoop upgrades on Hortonworks.
- Experience in configuring and development in messaging system, Kafka.
- Knowledge of AWS Data Stack using S3, EMR, Data Pipeline.
- Development experience in NOSQL databases such as HBASE or Cassandra.
- Application development on Java EE.
- Development experience using Java or Python.
- Experience in Linux.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Hortonworks Certified Hadoop System Administrator.
- Hands on experience with Scala.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6718884-big-data-platform-architect
• Post ID: 50313188 northdfw