The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, Provide additional research and analysis for the monthly reporting, Business Plan), Commitment View Best View including recommendations for management reviews.
- Create draft of ad-hoc analysis generated for the business client.
- Finalize monthly analyses of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
- Performs additional research to enhance business case analysis for pricing and investment decisions support to the business client.
- Incorporate financial data into models/templates to prepare guidelines and drive the capital and expense planning process.
- Conduct initial strategic business analyses.
- Identify and communicate possible scenarios, associated risks and opportunities to include in the business performance reviews.
- Create the outline and/or update profitability/costing models.
- Analyze economic drivers of the business client (e.g. customer churn, renewals).
- Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Reconcile monthly headcount
- Manage capital and expense results reporting for variety of high visibility growth initiatives
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Familiarity with working in SAP and Peoplesoft and time reporting systems that capitalize labor (e.g., PACE).
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6626790-senior-financial-analyst-financial-planning-and-analysis