Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
JOB TITLE - Account Representative Coordinator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Assist AR Manager in coordinating collection efforts of the Account Representatives. Assists in locating/researching third party payors with delinquent accounts and attempts to secure payment by performing the following duties. Multi Level Workers Compensation Knowledge highly preferred.
SUPERVISOR - Accounts Receivable Manager
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Possesses and applies a thorough knowledge of the practice management systems and the ability to apply the knowledge to all aspects of the patient account including insurance, billing, and collection processes.
2. Generates and monitors outstanding insurance claims reports; distributes to the appropriate Account Representatives.
3. Monitors productivity reports from the Collection Module and Financial Counseling Module to ensure that accounts forwarded to the Accounts Representatives are being handled in a timely manner.
4. Trains collectors and monitors their progress. Performs QA on accounts worked by Account Representatives; documents and reports findings to the AR Manager on a weekly basis.
5. Acts as a liaison for assigned practices that have a large number of providers (i.e. 10 or more physicians).
6. Assists AR Manager with special projects to include the following: working projects for managed care companies regarding timely filing issues, working high dollar balance accounts, deleting and rekeying accounts
to correct them, providing quality assurance on collections activities and payment posting, and training of new account representatives.
7. Incorporate HIPAA standards & practices.
8. Monitor daily workflow of A/R Representatives and report exceptions to A/R Manager.
9. Complete audits per A/R Representative.
10. Supports Immediate Manager
11. Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent; and a minimum of one year of medical billing experience is required, three years of medical billing experience and work comp knowledge is very highly preferred and a comprehensive knowledge of insurance is desired, related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Word and Excel is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=26824-132645&lang=en
• Post ID: 53155683 northdfw